The term “yoga” does not refer to one specific practice or discipline. The word yoga is derived from the Sanskrit root “yuj”, which means to yoke or unite. Yoga refers to many paths that lead to union of body, mind and spirit, and self-awareness. The umbrella of yoga includes seven core yogic disciplines; Bhakti yoga, Karma yoga, Raja yoga, Jnana yoga, Hatha yoga, Mantra yoga, and Tantra yoga.
- Bhakti Yoga – is the yoga of devotion; it’s primary practices are heart- centered.
- Karma Yoga.-is the practice of selfless service. It is action oriented with efforts directed to the welfare of others.
- Raja Yoga – the yoga of meditation.
- Jnana Yoga – is the path of knowledge and wisdom.
- Hatha Yoga – the use of postures or asanas combined with breath and movement.
- Mantra Yoga – is the chanting of sacred words that focus the mind for meditation.
- Tantra Yoga – is focused on the energy systems of the body.
Very simply, a lifestyle of yoga practice creates a healthy and balanced life.
Although Kripaulu style yoga and Hatha yoga are the focal practices of Resolve Wellness LLC, dimensions of the other disciplines are incorporated into the programs. Private and Group classes include but are not limited to:
- Strength and Flexibility: gentle yoga sessions incorporating stretching, strengthening and deep relaxation
- Cardiac Care: gentle yoga for those with cardiac conditions that promote tension release and relaxation.
- Stress Management: gentle yoga postures focusing on relieving tension through coordinating breath and movement.
- Limited Mobility: yoga postures modified for the physically challenged.
- Christian prayer/spirituality with yoga: Prayer of body and heart in praise of and surrender to God.
Resolve Wellness LLC also designs, organizes, and hosts spiritual retreats